Diane M Willett, CAH ~ "Diane"
I have been in the pet industry since 1980 where I started work cleaning and restocking shelves at Ye Olde Pet Shoppe & Grooming Parlour (long gone but not forgotten). In the rear of the shop was a groomer who I was always fascinated with - she would take the most ragged looking ball of fluff and turn out a dog that was absolutely GORGEOUS! When Pat became pregnant in 1986 I decided that I'd like to groom dogs as well - it didn't look that hard to do (Ha!) - I could fill in while she was off. Four months of grooming school at ''Beaugay's School of Dog Career'' in Palo Alto California and alot of coaching from Patty later I became happy with what I was putting out. I never did go back to working in the front of the shop full-time after that - I WAS HOOKED ON GROOMING!
In August of 1989 and two shop name changes later (Sunshine Pets to Uncle Bob's Pet Shop) I'm told the place can not afford to keep three groomers full time - I was the last groomer hired so off I go! I did not leave with the plan of starting to groom dogs at peoples homes but I had a client track me down and BEG me to groom her Maltese. The rest is how they say "HISTORY". I have been doing part time mobile grooming since October of 1989 gaining clients by word of mouth (and good grooming) ever since. I owe a lot of thanks to Barbie and her Maltese Schautzie!
I have worked for over twenty years in the pet industry. Since 1989 I have been working as a mobile Companion Animal Hygienist (CAH) specializing in dogs, birds and assorted small animals. I am highly experienced to groom either pet or show dogs and am excellent at hand stripping all broken coated breeds.
I am a member of the Siberian Husky Club of the Redwoods, Siberian Husky Club of America, International Siberian Husky Club, Mt Hamilton Siberian Husky Club, German Wirehair Pointer Club of America, Northern California German Wirehair Pointer Club, Groomers Club of America, Working Group Dog Club Of Alaska and the Helvetian Gun Club.
- Member Helvetian Gun Club
- 1986 ~ Graduated College of Marin (A.S. in Computer Science), San Rafael, CA
- 1986 ~ Graduated Beaugay's School Of Dog Career, Los Altos, CA
- 1989 ~ Certified Datalogic's Programmer, Level 1, Chicago, IL
- 1989 ~ Established Willett's Grooming, Novato, CA
- 1989 ~ Certified Datalogics Programmer, Level 2, Chicago, IL
- 1991 ~ Certified Datalogics Programmer, Level 3, Chicago, IL
- 1992 ~ Certified SGML Programmer, Houston, TX
- 1993 ~ Certified Novell For End Users, San Francisco, CA
- 1996 ~ First Aide For Pets, Novato, CA
- 1997 ~ Member Mt Hamilton Sibeiran Husky Club
- 1997 ~ Established Snao Siberian Huskies
- 1998 ~ Certified Companion Animal Hygenist 1-3, Arcadia CA
- 1999 ~ Member International Siberian Husky Club
- 2003 ~ Established Wacd German Wirehair Pointers
- 2004 ~ Member German Wirehair Pointer Club of Northern California
- 2004 ~ Member German Wirehair Pointer Club of America
- 2006 ~ Member Siberian Husky Club of America
- 2006 ~ Member Siberian Husky Club of the Redwoods
- 2006 ~ Lifetime Achievement Member Cambridge Who's-Who
- 2006 ~ Certified AKC Judges Education Seminar for the German Wirehair Pointer
- 2009 ~ Completed Corky Vroom Handling Seminar for Beginners
- 2010 ~ Member Woking Group Dog Club Of Alaska
- 2011 ~ Lifetime Member of the National Rifle Association